Import into and Export from the Export Processing Zone (EPZ)-
(1) Import into and export from the EPZ shall remain outside the purview of this Order: Provided that, the banned items mentioned in the annexure -1 shall not be imported and in case of import of other items, the rules & regulations related to public health and environment must be observed strictly.
(2) The banking and customs procedure relating to export from or import into the Export Processing Zone to or from any country outside Bangladesh shall be regulated in accordance with the instructions issued in that behalf by the Bangladesh Bank and the National Board of Revenue respectively from time to time.
(3) All statistics regarding import into and export from Export Processing Zone shall be maintained by the Customs Authority concerned.
(4) Subject to the provisions of sub-paragraphs (5) and (6) below all movement of goods between the Export Processing Zone and any other area in Bangladesh outside the Zone shall be regulated in accordance with the existing Imports and Exports Control regulations.
(5) EPZ Authority shall prepare a list of items (on the basis of N.O.C. from the NBR) required to be procured from the Bangladesh Customs area for use in the EPZ area and get the same approved by the Ministry of Commerce. Any correction in, or amendment to the said list may be made in accordance with the same procedure. Industrial units situated in the EPZ area shall pay in convertible currency, out of their own foreign currency accounts, the cost of goods procured from the Bangladesh Customs area as per the said list. EPZ Authority shall issue Pass Books in favour of industrial units situated in the EPZ area indicating therein the amount in Taka upto which goods can be procured locally on a yearly, half yearly or quarterly basis. The EPZ Authority shall determine the proforma of the aforesaid Pass Book and the requisite Accounting System in consultation with the Customs Authority. When the value ceiling mentioned in the Pass Book will be exhausted the EPZ Authority may endorse a fresh value ceiling in the same Pass Book or issue a new Pass Book.
(6) EPZ Authority shall issue necessary “In-Pass” and “Out-Pass” for machinery and equipment which are required to be brought out of EPZ area for the purpose of repair. On the basis of such passes the Customs Authority, after making necessary entries in appropriate register, shall allow movement of machinery and equipment out of the EPZ area for the purpose of repair and into the EPZ area after repair. However the documentation and accounting procedure for such outward and inward movement of machinery and equipment shall be determined by the EPZ Authority in consultation with the Customs Authority.